Emulator Issues #10601
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle crashes during Kart Race
Shortly after starting a kart race, Dolphin freezes the game and produces an endless loop of errors dialogs, iterating through the messages:
- Invalid read from 0x00000014, PC = 0x80071934
- Invalid read from 0x00000000, PC = 0x80071934
- Invalid read from 0x0000000c, PC = 0x80071954
- Invalid read from 0x00000014, PC = 0x800719dc
- Invalid read from 0x00000000, PC = 0x800719dc
- Invalid read from 0x0000000c, PC = 0x800719fc
The game never closes, but never unfreezes. Notably, there is no way to exit this loop shorting of forcibly killing Dolphin's process. Also in one instance, Dolphin produced a different error message: "IntCPU: Unknown instruction 00000000 at PC = 7f5e57d8 last_PC = 81200c9c LR = 80
071954". This dialog had two cryptic options, "Yes" and "No," but at least "No" quit Dolphin.
Tested on macOS 10.13, Dolphin build 5686.