Emulator Issues #10605
Aggressive Inline: Crash/Freeze after Cutscenes
1st: This issue was already described two years ago but marked as "invalid", as the OP didn't answer in time. See here: https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/8550
Since there were at least 2 additional people experiencing this (myself included), I opened up a new issue but copied the content, as it's exactly the same problem.
Plus, I've added logfiles and a save state for a possible reproduction.
Aggressive Inline (PAL)
Game ID? (right click the game in the game list, properties, info tab)
MD5 Hash? (right click the game in the game list, properties, info tab, MD5 Hash: Compute)
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.
Dolphin freezes after completing the 60,000 point goal in the Movie Lot level and playing the cutscene.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Start Career mode and select the Movie Lot level.
- Enter the movie studios, on the first road to the right, through the rolling doors, then turn left and head to the graveyard at back of the studio.
- Press X in front of this gravestone (https://imgur.com/UxTH4Ht) to start the 60,000 point challenge.
- Get 60,000 points (gameplay is very similar to Tony Hawk.)
- Watch the cutscene. Dolphin freezes after it finishes, when the camera has switched back to the skater.
Is the issue present in the latest development version? For future reference, please also write down the version number of the latest development version.
Issue is present in v5.0-5698.
Is the issue present in the latest stable version?
What are your PC specifications? (CPU, GPU, Operating System, more)
Intel Core2Quad Q9650
GeForce GTX 660Ti
Is there anything else that can help developers narrow down the issue? (e.g. logs, screenshots,
configuration files, savefiles, savestates)
I've added a savestate, made at the beginning of the cutscene with v5.0-5689:
http://www.filedropper.com/gilp51 (Filehoster, as your boards attachment policy doesn't allow files this large)
Here's the complete logfile after loading game, loading savestate, watching cutscene, crash:
#2 Updated by Obviounoxius about 4 years ago
Update: I've made another log, not loading from the save state but playing normally. Before the cutscene starts to play, there's a line added to the log file:
05:26:148 HW\EXI\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:343 N[OSREPORT]: Warning - Attempting to initialize an audio sync when one is already playing
which is followed by the already mentioned:
05:34:995 HW\EXI\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:343 N[OSREPORT]: DVDPrepareStreamAsync(): Specified start address (filestart(0x21c40000) + offset(0x564380)) is not 32KB aligned in "dvdfs.c" on line 1186.
#8 Updated by Obviounoxius about 4 years ago
Confirmed it on my own.
If you want to avoid the crash but have the quest completed, you can save immediately if you do not skip the cutscene and you do not attempt to skate.
Thank you for this hint!
The workaround to just save directly after the cutscene to complete the mission worked smoothly in the European version as well. Now the challenge could be completed.
I'm glad the source of this issues could be narrowed. Thanks for the fast answers, guys, and keep up the great work!
#11 Updated by Obviounoxius about 4 years ago
One last Update after playing some more:
This issue occurs whenever a cutscene is played from within the gameplay (and there's unfortunately a lot of them).
So for those who experience the same and want to play it anyway without downgrading to 4.0-2291:
- Create a savestate when the cutscene begins
- Press "Pause" and chose "Level select" after the cutscene has finished and re-enter the stage
- Reload state and try to pause again, if you fail to press Start before freezing.
- Possibly decrease Emulation speed in Dolphin settings before loading the savestate.
At one point (Grinding on the balconies in stage 2) Step 3 & 4 became necessary, because the time frame was extremely short. Even at 50% emulation speed it was difficult to hit at the right point.
#13 Updated by JosJuice about 4 years ago
- Regression start deleted (
- Regression changed from Yes to No
- Assignee deleted (
- Subject changed from Aggressive Inline: Crash/Freeze after 60,000 Points Challenge in 1st level to Aggressive Inline: Crash/Freeze after Cutscenes
This doesn't seem to be a "true" regression. The game has always crashed when you press Start to skip a cutscene, but versions before 4.0-2293 happened to not crash if you let the cutscene play out, due to an inaccuracy that also made the background music not play after the cutscene. But still, the bisect to 4.0-2293 was useful for debugging. It's possible to get the old inaccurate behavior in new versions of Dolphin by setting DVDInterface's s_audio_position to 0 when a DTK track finishes playing while s_stop_at_track_end == true.
I can't figure out what the actual problem is.
#14 Updated by JosJuice about 3 years ago
- Fixed in set to 5.0-9232
- Status changed from Accepted to Fixed