Emulator Issues #10636
Dolphin treats 2 GiB SD cards as SDHC
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Game ID? (right click the game in the game list, properties, info tab)
MD5 Hash? (right click the game in the game list, properties, info tab, MD5 Hash: Compute)
Wiimms ISO Tools edited ISO, works fine on both Dolphin and real Wii. Only the music files were edited.
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.
Dolphin treats all SD cards as SDHC. This can be a problem for older SD setups as the SDHC Extension 1.1 (forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65342.0) is required for SDHC cards. A 2GB virtual SD card (non-SDHC size) will fail to load codes without the SDHC Extension 1.1, which should not be required for non-SDHC cards.
To fix this problem I propose:
1. Renaming the current SD implementation to "SDHC"
2. Add a separate configuration option for SD emulation (one that doesn't require the SDHC Extension for non-SDHC virtual SD cards) once this problem is fixed
Adding the SDHC Extension 1.1 code to the ini codes is probably a bad idea since many setups already include this code in the virtual SD's .gct file. If we ever needed to choose between SDHC and SD support, I would want SDHC over SD as SDHC has significantly more space to work with.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Download the "SD Nov 14" version of Smash Bros Infinite here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=213356
2. Insert the contents into a 2GB virtual SD card (non-SDHC size)
3. Set Brawl as Default ISO
After initial setup:
1. Rename attached RSBE01SDHCcode.gct to RSBE01.gct and replace it with the one in the virtual SD's \codes folder
2. Load Gecko OS app
3. Select "Launch Game"
4. Observe that the character select screen has modifications. This shows that codes can be loaded with the SDHC Extension 1.1 on a non-SDHC virtual SD card.
5. Rename attached RSBE01noSDHCcode.gct to RSBE01.gct and replace it with the one in the virtual SD's \codes folder
6. Load Gecko OS app
7. Select "Launch Game"
8. Observe that Brawl codes are incorrectly not applied. This will not occur in Dolphin 5.0-5037 and earlier.
The only difference between RSBE01SDHCcode.gct and RSBE01noSDHCcode.gct is the SDHC Extension 1.1 code.
Is the issue present in the latest development version? For future reference, please also write down the version number of the latest development version.
Is the issue present in the latest stable version?
If the issue isn't present in the latest stable version, which is the first broken version? (You can find the first broken version by bisecting. Windows users can use the tool https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-green-notice-development-thread-unofficial-dolphin-bisection-tool-for-finding-broken-builds and anyone who is building Dolphin on their own can use git bisect.)
What are your PC specifications? (CPU, GPU, Operating System, more)
Win 10 Pro x64
Intel Core i7-4702MQ CPU @2.20GHz
GeForce GT 750M
GeForce Game Ready Driver 388.00
#7 Updated by JosJuice over 1 year ago
- Fixed in set to 5.0-5821
- Status changed from Fix pending to Fixed