Emulator Issues #10724
Can't find memory card after resuming saved state
Star Fox: Assault
Game ID? (right click the game in the game list, properties, info tab)
MD5 Hash? (right click the game in the game list, properties, info tab, MD5 Hash: Compute)
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.
I created save states while testing other issues for this game. One was right before fighting the stage 1 boss, Winged Aparoid, and the other was immediately after beating it. The game is able to save progress when savestates weren't involved, but the attached image occurs if savestates are loaded after exiting emulation on Android. Occurred on both JIT and interpreter. Did not occur on Windows.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Complete stage 1 of Star Fox: Assault. The game INI needs to be added to Android for FPRF (See #10719)
- Create a savestate before fighting the boss or after defeating the boss. Allowing the game to progress without loading a savestate will not cause any problems.
- Exit emulation
- Restart emulation and load the savestate.
- Proceed to the results screen and observe the attached error on Android. This will not occur on Windows.
Is the issue present in the latest development version? For future reference, please also write down the version number of the latest development version.
What are your PC specifications? (CPU, GPU, Operating System, more)
Samsung Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950U)
Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo)
6GB RAM (LPDDR4)
Baseband version N950USQS2BQK2
Kernel version 4.4.21
#7 Updated by ryanebola16 over 2 years ago
Logcat didn't show any warn-level problems when this issue occurs in 5.0-6392.
I did find an easier way to reproduce it though:
1. In Star Fox: Assault, Start Menu -> OPTIONS -> USER SETTINGS
2. Select a stored player, which opens up controller setting options
3. In Dolphin, Create a save state
4. Restart emulation
5. Immediately load the save state
6. In Star Fox: Assault: Select a different controller setting
8. Observe missing memory card
#8 Updated by JMC4789 almost 2 years ago
This will probably happen on desktop too, it's a really bad idea to write to a memcard and load a savestate from before the memory card was loaded. It's also apparently a bad idea to load a savestate before a memory card is initialized. I don't think Android is related to the issue in this case.