Emulator Issues #10791
libogc ucodes aren't implemented in DSPHLE
Project M Launcher (attached)
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.
Freezes upon playing game. Doesn't occur with DSP LLE.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Launch Project M Launcher with DSP HLE
- Press "Play"
- Observe freeze. See attached log. Probably has something to do with the "Unknown mail sent to AX::HandleMail"
Is the issue present in the latest development version? For future reference, please also write down the version number of the latest development version.
What are your PC specifications? (CPU, GPU, Operating System, more)
Samsung Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950U)
Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo)
6GB RAM (LPDDR4)
Baseband version N950USQS2BQK2
Kernel version 4.4.21
Win 10 Pro x64
Intel Core i7-4702MQ CPU @2.20GHz
GeForce GT 750M
GeForce Game Ready Driver 390.65
Is there anything else that can help developers narrow down the issue? (e.g. logs, screenshots,
configuration files, savefiles, savestates)
Project M Launcher can be used to load most Gecko OS compatible Brawl mods too.
For Android Gecko OS can run Brawl mods at about 11 FPS due to needing the cached interpreter (see #10786).
Project M Launcher + LLE gets the FPS in the upper 30's!
#4 Updated by leoetlino about 3 years ago
It's been a known issue since 2015 and this is the first feature request about it AFAIK. Based on that, I'd say this is low priority, at least for the developers.
#5 Updated by ryanebola16 12 months ago
- Priority changed from Low to Normal
Now that I'm a developer who's interested in getting this implemented I can make it not low priority! No idea if this is difficult though.
Can someone tell me where ucodes can be found in Dolphin and then I can read up on them? If someone also knows where to find the ucodes to implement within libogc that will be helpful too.
#7 Updated by ryanebola16 12 months ago
A new ucode of CRC 0xa81582e2 needs to be implemented.
Dolphin handles this at https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/tree/master/Source/Core/Core/HW/DSPHLE/UCodes
#15 Updated by ryanebola16 7 months ago
I marked this as Current because it may fix other Current issues. Shouldn't we attempt to implement the relevant opcodes in the related issues before removing the Current status? Also, does that mean I should assume all libogc codes work in DSPLLE if I'm using a NAND dump? I'll retest the issues to make sure they work with DSPLLE and not DSPHLE.
I don't know what a NAND dump would have to do with it, but if there is an issue with libogc ucodes when using DSP LLE, such as unimplemented opcodes, then that is a valid issue that has no relation to this issue. This issue is about HLE implementation of libogc ucodes only.
#17 Updated by ryanebola16 7 months ago
Oh I just realized that a real DSP ROM isn't part of the NAND dump. Ok this all makes sense now. I'll assume that the unknown opcodes I found in the related issues are likely the causes of those issues. And if any of the related issues occur with DSP LLE I'll unlink them from this issue. Sorry for the confusion.