Emulator Issues #10808closed
Android: Possible bug in USB code (GC Adapter)
Every game I've tested so far are affected. I've tested:
- Super Mario Sunshine (with regular GC controller)
- Mario Kart Double Dash (with regular GC controller)
- Donkey Konga (with bongos)
- Donkey Konga 2 (with bongos)
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.
When using original GC controller (or bongos) with GC Controller Adapter (USB by Mayflash), after about 15-20 mins of gameplay dolphin suddenly crash.
Important: this happens only when using GC Controller Adapter!! If I use my regular joypad (without GC Controller Adapter), everything works as expected.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1) Connect both USB of the GC Controller Adapter to your Android Device (nVidia Shield TV in my case), and set it tu WiiU mode (as explained in the wiki).
2) Configure Dolphin to use the GC Controller Adapter from the input settings menu.
3) Start a game and confirm "Let Dolphin use this USB device" dialog.
4) Play for about 15-20 mins and then.... CRASH!
Is the issue present in the latest development version? For future reference, please also write down the version number of the latest development version.
I'm using the development version from last week. Version number: 5.0-6164
Is the issue present in the latest stable version?
Don't know, as there is not a stable version for Android.
What are your PC specifications? (CPU, GPU, Operating System, more)
Nvidia Shield Android TV (X1 Chipset)
Is there anything else that can help developers narrow down the issue? (e.g. logs, screenshots,
configuration files, savefiles, savestates)
I repeat: this happens only when using the USB GC Adapter with real GC gamepad or bongos!
This doesn't happens when using regular Android joypad.
I'm more than willing to help and do tests. Let me know.