Emulator Issues #10818
Android: Choosing a different controller during emulation doesn't enable that controller
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- For Player 1, enable emulated GameCube Controller and disable Wii Remote
- Play a game that accepts GameCube and Wii Controller inputs (like Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
- Switch on-screen controller to GameCube if it isn't already. You'll need to deal with #10718 if you never set up an emulated GameCube Controller. Confirm that input works properly.
- Drag downward from the top of the screen
- Open the menu -> Configure Controls -> Choose Controller -> Change to "Wii Remote"
- Observe that inputs do not work for the Wii Remote. Restarting emulation does not solve the problem and "Wii Remote 1" is still disabled in settings.
Perhaps there should be a popup if the controller is changed to a disabled controller during emulation: [New Controller Type] is disabled. Enable this controller and disable your current one? Yes/No? Yes does what the prompt suggests and No returns to the game.
Is the issue present in the latest development version? For future reference, please also write down the version number of the latest development version.
What are your PC specifications? (CPU, GPU, Operating System, more)
Samsung Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950U)
Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo)
6GB RAM (LPDDR4)
Baseband version N950USQS2BQK2
Kernel version 4.4.21