Emulator Issues #11371
Android - Missing sideways wiimote option
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Game ID? (right click the game in the game list, properties, info tab)
MD5 Hash? (right click the game in the game list, properties, info tab, MD5 Hash: Compute)
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.
Player 2 has mixed-up controls: D-pad up is interpreted as D-pad left, D-pad left is interpreted as D-pad down, etc.
Player 1 has no such problems: D-pad up is interpreted as D-pad up etc. (with same physical controller)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Configure Wii Remote 1 as 'Emulated Wii Remote'
- Configure D-pad of Wii Remote 1 to use D-pad of NVidia shield controller
- Configure Wii Remote 2 as 'Emulated Wii Remote'
- Configure D-pad of Wii Remote 2 to use D-pad of NVidia shield controller, or to use another controller (gives same effect)
- Set Wii Remote 3 and 4 to unused (untested)
- Start Mario in multi-player mode
- Now player 1 will respond normally: Left, Right, Up and Down are as normal
- Now player 2 will respond strangely: press Up goes Left, press Left goes Down, press Down goes Right, and press Right does nothing
- Same is true for all other controls: X and Y where mapped to what should have been A and B etc.
Is the issue present in the latest development version? For future reference, please also write down the version number of the latest development version.
Yes, 8715 also has it.
Is the issue present in the latest stable version?
Could not find a stable AndroidTV version.
If the issue isn't present in the latest stable version, which is the first broken version? (You can find the first broken version by bisecting. Windows users can use the tool https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-green-notice-development-thread-unofficial-dolphin-bisection-tool-for-finding-broken-builds and anyone who is building Dolphin on their own can use git bisect.)
[First broken version number here (if applicable)]
If your issue is a graphical issue, please attach screenshots and record a three frame fifolog of the issue if possible. Screenshots showing what it is supposed to look like from either console or older builds of Dolphin will help too. For more information on how to use the fifoplayer, please check here: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=FifoPlayer
[Attach any fifologs if possible, write a description of fifologs and screenshots here to assist people unfamiliar with the game.]
What are your PC specifications? (CPU, GPU, Operating System, more)
NVidia Shield 2017 edition
Is there anything else that can help developers narrow down the issue? (e.g. logs, screenshots,
configuration files, savefiles, savestates)
#2 Updated by eludias almost 2 years ago
Thanks, that might indeed the lower-level option to change.
The (AndroidTV) UI lacks the 'sideways' option.
So 2 small questions:
- Do I need to edit the INI files by hand on Android? If so, how?
- Is the default for Player 1 different than for Player 2 for a reason?
#3 Updated by JMC4789 almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Accepted
If android lacks that option, we need to add it in :)
And Player 1 is sometimes different because it does have some defaults. Also, if you plug a nunchuck into the emulated Wii Remote, you can use the nunchucks stick instead of the dpad which I know some users do. Either way, the option missing is a problem.