Emulator Issues #11607
Juddering in pre-rendered cutscenes in Battalion Wars
Game ID? (right click the game in the game list, properties, info tab)
MD5 Hash? (right click the game in the game list, properties, info tab, MD5 Hash: Compute)
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.
There's very noticeable juddering in the pre-rendered cutscene that plays before the first mission. This juddering does not occur when run on the actual console.
- Side by side comparison: https://youtu.be/EtlfwtSczIo
- Gamecube: https://youtu.be/zvBJaNlCmhU
- Dolphin: https://youtu.be/I1VImSi6_9o
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Start up the game.
- Load up a new save.
- Start the first mission and watch the first 15 seconds of the intro cutscene for that mission and notice the juddering.
Is the issue present in the latest development version? For future reference, please also write down the version number of the latest development version.
Is the issue present in the latest stable version?
What are your PC specifications? (CPU, GPU, Operating System, more)
CPU: I7 5820k
GPU: GTX 1080 TI
OS: Windows 10 1809
RAM: 32GB Running at 2133Mhz
Is there anything else that can help developers narrow down the issue? (e.g. logs, screenshots,
configuration files, savefiles, savestates)
I've tried touching every setting I could think of that might affect this but nothing seems to fix it:
- Dual core enable/disable
- Speed up Disc Transfer Rate on/off
- All of the various video backends DX11,OpenGL,Vulkan
- Fullscreen on/off
- V-sync (dolphin option) on/off
- Progressive Scan (dolphin advanced option) on/off
- Windows 10 fullscreen optimizations on/off
- Changing the Windows refresh rate to 60 hz
- Nvidia power settings for Dolphin: Prefer max performance
- Nvidia G-sync on/off
I even tried borrowing an NTSC version of the game and it showed the exact same issue on Dolphin.