Emulator Issues #11775
Windows Updater: choosing "update after closing Dolphin" immediately launches the updater
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.
With automatic updates enabled, if you choose "update after closing Dolphin", the updater is immediately launched and keeps waiting. I'm not sure if that's by design but I think it should be launched only when you close Dolphin, as implied by the checkbox.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Launch a Dolphin build which isn't the latest available
2. In Dolphin Auto Update settings, select "Dev (multiple times a day)"
3. Click Help => Check for updates or close and reopen Dolphin
4. Mark the checkbox "update after closing Dolphin" and click "Install Update"
5. The updater will launch immediately instead of waiting for Dolphin to close
Is the issue present in the latest development version? For future reference, please also write down the version number of the latest development version.
Yes. Tested on 5.0-10551
Is the issue present in the latest stable version?
No. Updater isn't available in 5.0 stable
If the issue isn't present in the latest stable version, which is the first broken version?
Seems to be present since the updater was introduced in 5.0-7088
What are your PC specifications?
CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM @ 2.4GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M @ 2GB DDR3
RAM: 12GB @ DDR3-1600 (4+8GB)
OS: Windows 10 (Insider Preview)
Is there anything else that can help developers narrow down the issue? (e.g. logs, screenshots,
configuration files, savefiles, savestates)
- Fixed in set to 5.0-10800
- Status changed from New to Fixed