Project

General

Profile

Emulator Issues #11809

Gecko codes are loaded as ffffffff 00000000

Added by gileri 6 months ago. Updated 30 days ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
% Done:

0%

Operating system:
N/A
Issue type:
Bug
Milestone:
Regression:
No
Relates to usability:
No
Relates to performance:
No
Easy:
No
Relates to maintainability:
No
Regression start:
Fixed in:

Description

Game Name?
I believe this is not game-related, I tested with :
Super Smash Bros Melee
Mario Kart Double Dash!

Game ID? (right click the game in the game list, Properties, Info tab)

GALE01
GM4E01

MD5 Hash? (right click the game in the game list, Properties, Verify tab, Verify Integrity button)

0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174
8f4b2434444a89ae345ecba99d2ac58d

What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.

Gecko codes are loaded incorrectly. Any code from disk or after saving is displayed as a series of such lines :

ffffffff  00000000

While on disk they look like this :

$test
040249a4 38600001
*040249a4 38600001

What steps will reproduce the problem?

Any code loaded from disk trigger the issue (distributed with Dolphin, downloaded or manually added). See screenshots.

Is the issue present in the latest development version? For future reference, please also write down the version number of the latest development version.

Yes :
5.0-10729
b0113b6c64a7807e35cfd9dd597d3c5e77b4ceda

Is the issue present in the latest stable version?

Yes : 5.0-7309 (commit 10d230a512b99aee66f7343481ed13d83557de22)

If the issue isn't present in the latest stable version, which is the first broken version? (You can find the first broken version by bisecting. Windows users can use the tool https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-green-notice-development-thread-unofficial-dolphin-bisection-tool-for-finding-broken-builds and anyone who is building Dolphin on their own can use git bisect.)

At least since 5.0-9575, commit 46918f420d443c3a32bd27170e3fa0e4f7bc5255. I have some trouble building old versions, but I will try if necessary.

What are your PC specifications? (CPU, GPU, Operating System, more)

Archlinux up-to-date as of 2019-07-28.

Is there anything else that can help developers narrow down the issue? (e.g. logs, screenshots,
configuration files, savefiles, savestates)

See attached screenshots.
Thank you for this emulator !

Screenshot_20190728_113105.png (17.9 KB) Screenshot_20190728_113105.png What I input gileri, 07/28/2019 12:03 PM
Screenshot_20190728_113110.png (13.6 KB) Screenshot_20190728_113110.png What is displayed until I exit the "Details" window gileri, 07/28/2019 12:03 PM
Screenshot_20190728_113123.png (9.22 KB) Screenshot_20190728_113123.png What is loaded from disk gileri, 07/28/2019 12:03 PM
7508
7509
7510

Related issues

Related to Emulator - Emulator Issues #11133: macOS - Gecko codes are parsed incorrectly (zeros)Questionable

History

#1 Updated by Billiard26 6 months ago

#2 Updated by Itrimel about 1 month ago

I got the same problem as described here. Moreover, the codes don't work in game.

This problem appears on Arch linux, but not on Windows (where the codes display and work correctly).

#3 Updated by Itrimel about 1 month ago

I just tried a commit from February (as I remember Dolphin working correctly back then), but the problem is still here. So I guess the problem comes from outside Dolphin ?

#4 Updated by Billiard26 about 1 month ago

I suspect gecko code loading issues are locale dependent.

Is your system using an "English / US" locale or something else?

#5 Updated by Itrimel about 1 month ago

Nope, I'm using the "fr-FR" locale

In the meantime, I tried to search a bit by myself where it could could from, and I found this : in Core/Core/GeckoCodeConfig.cpp, in LoadCodes, the content of "lines" at line 140 is correct, but at line 174, when the data is copied to new_code, it is wrong. In between, the code goes through std::istringstream, which is beyond my basic knowledge of C++ .

#6 Updated by Itrimel 30 days ago

It just tried to run dolphin with LANG=C, and indeed it works !

#7 Updated by Itrimel 30 days ago

New update : code loading is broken with "LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8", but works with "LANG=fr_FR.ISO-8859-1"

Also available in: Atom PDF