Emulator Issues #11818
Emulated sensor bar does not blink when in sensitivity settings
Wii System Menu 4.3U
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.
When adjusting sensor bar settings, the sensor bar normally blinks (presumably so that if there are unwanted lights, you can identify the correct ones). This does not happen with an emulated remote. While this is not too important as there is no need to adjust the sensitivity for an emulated remote (and the sensitivity value does not seem to make a difference), it does indicate that some functionality of the sensor bar is missing.
I have not tested whether this happens when using Dolphin with a physical remote and sensor bar.
This behavior is mentioned on page 52 of the Wii Operations Manual: Channels and Settings.
From my testing (recording a 120fps video with my phone, which can see the infrared LEDs), the sensor bar blinks at 1HZ with a 90% duty cycle. (The pattern was 110 frames where the LEDs were on and 10 where they were off, sometimes with one of the frames having the LED partially on/dimming.)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Launch the Wii System Menu.
- Go to Wii Options, then Wii Settings, then select Sensor Bar on page 2.
- Select Sensitivity, and then OK on both prompts.
- Observe that there are 2 dots that remain steady, instead of blinking. (Note that they will disappear if auto-hide is enabled and the pointer is not moved; that is different.)
Is the issue present in the latest development version?
Is the issue present in the latest stable version?
Yes, 5.0. (Note that the sensor bar options behave poorly in this version as the texture cache is set to fast; additionally, I ran into weird behaviors upon restarting dolphin after setting the sensitivity to 1. Neither of those are issues in current versions.)
What are your PC specifications?
- CPU: AMD A6-340M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
- GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6520G
- OS: Windows 10 Pro (Insider preview) 10.10.18362 Build 18362
- Fixed in set to 5.0-11476
- Status changed from Work started to Fixed