Emulator Issues #12077
DSU Client: Emulated Pointer Moves Up and Down After Continued Play
Game ID? (right click the game in the game list, Properties, Info tab)
MD5 Hash? (right click the game in the game list, Properties, Verify tab, Verify Integrity button)
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.
If the emulated pointer is set to use gyro inputs, the pointer will start bobbing up and down after about 10 mins of play.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Use a controller with gyro capabilities
- Configure a DSU server for the controller and set Dolphin up as a DSU client
- Configure the motion controls for your controller and enable the pointer option under the "Motion Input" tab
- Play a game for roughly 10 minutes and check the state of the emulated pointer
- The pointer should now be bobbing up and down without user input, gets worse the longer you play
Is the issue present in the latest development version? For future reference, please also write down the version number of the latest development version.
Is the issue present in the latest stable version?
No (DSU client feature is not available in stable)
What are your PC specifications? (CPU, GPU, Operating System, more)
16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz
Radeon RX 570
Is there anything else that can help developers narrow down the issue? (e.g. logs, screenshots,
configuration files, savefiles, savestates)
This is an issue with Dolphin and not the DSU server as disabling the DSU client in Dolphin, then re-enabling it will cause the issue to be temporarily fixed. I am using Steam Gyro For Cemuhook with GloSC for my Steam Controller. I also have a friend that has the exact same issue using BetterJoyForCemu for his Joycons.
#4 Updated by camperboy1000 12 months ago
Using the "Recenter" button just recenters the pointer to the middle of the screen, the bobbing continues until the DSU client is toggled off and then on. It could also be that the more the controller moves, the worse it gets however I haven't been able to determine if that is absolute.