Emulator Issues #12326
Internet Channel freezes on some websites
Game ID? (right click the game in the game list, Properties, Info tab)
MD5 Hash? (right click the game in the game list, Properties, Verify tab, Verify Integrity button)
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.
Browsing to some websites (Google, etc.) on the Internet Channel freeze the Wii, forcing the user to manually force turn it off. I tried overriding the CPU and RAM just in case, however this did not make any difference.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Go to the Internet Channel
- Go to Google
- Enter in any query, and search for it.
Is the issue present in the latest development version? For future reference, please also write down the version number of the latest development version.
Is the issue present in the latest stable version?
If the issue isn't present in the latest stable version, which is the first broken version? (You can find the first broken version by bisecting. Windows users can use the tool https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-green-notice-development-thread-unofficial-dolphin-bisection-tool-for-finding-broken-builds and anyone who is building Dolphin on their own can use git bisect.)
If your issue is a graphical issue, please attach screenshots and record a three frame fifolog of the issue if possible. Screenshots showing what it is supposed to look like from either console or older builds of Dolphin will help too. For more information on how to use the fifoplayer, please check here: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=FifoPlayer
What are your PC specifications? (CPU, GPU, Operating System, more)
CPU: Intel Celeron N3050
GPU: Intel HD Graphics (Braswell)
OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit
Is there anything else that can help developers narrow down the issue? (e.g. logs, screenshots,
configuration files, savefiles, savestates)
When the Wii freezes, the logs are flooded with
Core\IOS\USB\Bluetooth\BTEmu.cpp:355 E[IOS_WIIMOTE]: ACL queue size reached 100 - current packet will be dropped!
#7 Updated by TheDude53 about 2 months ago
Interestingly, the issue does seem to reproduce (for me at least) on the latest dev build, which is 5.0-13178 as of writing.
To answer your questions, yes the Wii remote is emulated, and I have tested with both a real Wii NAND and a Dolphin-generated NAND.
If it helps, I have attached a copy of my Dolphin.ini file, which should provide further configuration details.
#8 Updated by sepalani about 1 month ago
I still can't reproduce it, even with your Dolphin.ini, even with a clean portable install of Dolphin.
Can you create a portable install of Dolphin and see if you can reproduce the issue?
On Windows, you just need to create a file named "portable.txt" in the folder where the Dolphin executable is located.
Otherwise, could you provide the log file when it happens.
You'll need to:
- Enable the
Config > Interface
- In the
Log Configurationview, tick
Write to Filein Logger Outputs
- Set the verbosity level to info.
- At least enable the following log types: IOS, IOS_NET, IOS_SSL, IOS_WC24, MASTER, OSHLE, OSREPORT
By the way, I tried the following version of the Opera channel v257 and v1024 on an european system menu.
I also tried the US version of the channel (still on the european system menu) without an issue.
#10 Updated by sepalani about 1 month ago
I managed to reproduce the crash, it only affects a very old version of the channel (HADE01 v3). I attached more log for future references.
I wonder if this channel works properly on a real Wii with a recent System Menu.
Regardless, it shouldn't crash Dolphin. It only crashes Dolphin when MMU is OFF. It happens with and without Dual Core mode.
The first invalid read seems to come from
OSWakeupThread, some other invalid writes too.
The other addresses don't match functions in my signature database.