Emulator Issues #12453
When Dolphin-emu is started from the command-line Dolphin bar and connected wiimote(s) are not working, Running from the Dolphin GUI works
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.
Arch Linux with current Dolphin-emu package 5.0.r13869.a45a0a2066-1,
I also compiled dolphin-emu-git 5.0.r13871.gbc4d0b3ef8-1 which has the same problem.
When I run a game with the command-line "dolphin-emu -b -e /path/to/ISO"
- The game boots and Dolphin bar connected Wiimote rumbles, a notification on screen say Wiimote 1 connected.
- The game boots and the Wiimote is not functioning, the screen displays the error: "communications with the Wii Remote have been interrupted.".
- If I disconnect the Wiimote it will not connect again. The above error stays on the screen and I have to quit Dolphin-emu.
When I run the game from the Dolphin-emu GUI the Dolphin bar connected Wiimote works flawlessly.
When I go back to the previous arch package I had installed, dolphin-emu 5.0.r13772.6c23e163e1-1, both the Dolphin-emu command-line and Dolphin-emu GUI work without problem with the Dolphin bar connected Wiimote
I tested the following packages that were installed before, all of them work:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- connect Wiimote to Dolphin bar
- run game with the command-line: ""
- At boot Wiimote connects like usual (rumbles, notification indicates connection)
- Normally the "A" button continues from the boot screen, but this is not happening.
- When booted and error is displayed: "communications with the Wii Remote have been interrupted."
- Wiimote is not responding.
After disconnecting Wiimote, it will not connect again.
connect Wiimote to Dolphin bar
Start Dolphin-emu with own GUI
Wiimote rumbles when GUI shows indicating it has connected
Select game from GUI and start it
Notification at boot say Wiimote connected.
- Wiimote works through the game without problem¶
Is the issue present in the latest development version? For future reference, please also write down the version number of the latest development version.
Tested it with package 5.0.r13869.a45a0a2066 which show the issue.
I compiled dolphin-emu-git 5.0.r13871.gbc4d0b3ef8 and the issue is also present here.
Package 5.0.r13772.6c23e163e1 of dolphin-emu and packages before are working like it should.
Is the issue present in the latest stable version?
If the issue isn't present in the latest stable version, which is the first broken version? (You can find the first broken version by bisecting. Windows users can use the tool https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-green-notice-development-thread-unofficial-dolphin-bisection-tool-for-finding-broken-builds and anyone who is building Dolphin on their own can use git bisect.)
As far as I can see: 5.0.r13869
If your issue is a graphical issue, please attach screenshots and record a three frame fifolog of the issue if possible. Screenshots showing what it is supposed to look like from either console or older builds of Dolphin will help too. For more information on how to use the fifoplayer, please check here: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=FifoPlayer
What are your PC specifications? (CPU, GPU, Operating System, more)
AMD 2400G, Arch Linux, 16GB
Is there anything else that can help developers narrow down the issue? (e.g. logs, screenshots,
configuration files, savefiles, savestates)