Emulator Issues #13240open
Using real Wiimotes doesn't work on the Steam Deck
Wii home screen, Super Mario Galaxy, and assuming every other game.
Game ID? (right click the game in the game list, Properties, Info tab)
Everything (this is a problem outside the games)
MD5 Hash? (right click the game in the game list, Properties, Verify tab, Verify Integrity button)
Same thing as before, if needed I would add this later.
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.
I have 2 different third-party Wiimotes, 1 vanilla original Wiimote, and 1 motion-plus-inside original Wiimote, and all 4 can't connect to the Steam Deck (individually).
I have tried to:
- Connect using the "Emulate the Wii's BT adapter" option, but the controllers don't want to connect after about 30 seconds.
- Connect using the "Passthrough a Bluetooth adapter". While the controllers seem to stop trying to sync, they get stuck lighting all 4 light-indicator-thingy (sometimes none of them stay up) until the batteries are removed. Doing the first method on my Windows machine works almost immediately.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Go into the controllers' config menu
- Select "Emulate the Wii's BT adapter", and next to controller 1 set "Real Wiimote"
- Make sure "Continous Scanning" is checked
- Load up any game/the main menu
- Try to connect the controller to the game
Is the issue present in the latest development version? For future reference, please also write down the version number of the latest development version.
The issue is present in version 5.0-18498
Is the issue present in the latest stable version?
No, as I was told the latest stable version is 6 years old and missing critical features.
If the issue isn't present in the latest stable version, which is the first broken version? (You can find the first broken version by bisecting. Windows users can use the tool https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-green-notice-development-thread-unofficial-dolphin-bisection-tool-for-finding-broken-builds and anyone who is building Dolphin on their own can use git bisect.)
I have no idea how to do that on Linux.
What are your PC specifications? (CPU, GPU, Operating System, more)
Steam Deck specs:
- AMD APU
- CPU: Zen 2 4c/8t, 2.4-3.5GHz (up to 448 GFlops FP32)
- GPU: 8 RDNA 2 CUs, 1.0-1.6GHz (up to 1.6 TFlops FP32)
- APU power: 4-15W
- OS: SteamOS 3.4.6
Updated by roydbt about 1 month ago
Update: This is what the Steam support said to me about this very issue:
The Steam Deck development team is aware of the issue. The team uses a number of community sources to help investigate the frequency and severity of issues like this. These issues are continually being addressed through Steam Deck Updates. We apologize we're not able to address this specific issue immediately. Thanks for using Steam, Chappie