Emulator Issues #2500
Code Review Request - Widescreen Hack Tweak
Purpose of code changes on this branch:
Tweak the "Widescreen Hack":
- Hack longer assumes the game is running at 4:3 and the user has a
display of 16:9
- Attempt to adjust the aspect ratio From either 16:9 or 4:3 ( depending
on value of g_VideoInitialize.bAutoAspectIs16_9 )
- Attempt to adjust the aspect ratio To what the user has chosen in the
"Aspect Ratio" combobox.
[ Aspect Ratio combobox ] :
- If "Auto" is chosen, the hack will have NO effect in any game.
- If "Force 16:9" is chosen and a 4:3 game is running, the hack will
adjust from 4:3 to 16:9 (Hor+).
- If "Force 16:9" is chosen and a 16:9 game is running, the hack will have
- If "Force 4:3" is chosen and a 16:9 game is running, the hack will
adjust from 16:9 to 4:3 (Vert+).
- If "Force 4:3" is chosen and a 4:3 game is running, the hack will have
- If "Stretch" is chosen, the hack will adjust from the games aspect ratio
( either 16:9 or 4:3 ) to the aspect ratio of the user's chosen fullscreen
resolution. ( using Hor+ or Vert+ ) ( this allows playing of games on 16:10
or 5:4 displays without a fat or skinny 3d image )
After all, this is a "HACK". It should allow "Hacking" to any
aspect ratio the user wants. Not just 16:9.
When reviewing my code changes, please focus on:
I don't really care for the method I used to get the fullscreen resolution:
sscanf(g_Config.cFSResolution, "%dx%d", &w_fs, &h_fs);
I couldn't find a better/correct method. Maybe someone else can fix that.
Perhaps the entire "UpdateAspectRatioHack" function shouldn't be in
"VertexShaderManager.cpp". Maybe someone knows where it does belong.
#2 Updated by Billiard26 over 10 years ago
Sure, here's some compiled gfx plugins with the patch.
#10 Updated by Billiard26 over 10 years ago
With the wii set to 16:9 and widescreen hack on with force 16:9, it should have no
Changing it to stretch and going fullscreen should make the image not appear skinny
If you could go on irc and we could talk about what you are seeing that would be cool.