Emulator Issues #2528
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess aim target problem in Direct3D9
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Set graphics plug-in to Direct3D9
2. Start the game, new file, move into the game up to the moment you can
get a slingshot.
2a.(Optional) Set in game options pointer to off.
3. Try to fire it somewhere (medium distance) wall etc.
4. The spark from the impact will be greatly off about 20-30m.
5. Save the state shift+F1.
6. Change graphics plug-in to OpenGL.
7. Load F1, try to hit something.
What is the expected output?
Both OpenGL/Direct3D9 same aim, same target hit.
What do you see instead?
The ball from the slingshot when using Direct3D9 doesn't go where its
suppose to go, but goes as aimed with OpenGL.
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
Windows 7 x64, tried v2.0 RC1 and Orleans r5152
Please provide any additional information below.
Standing near a wall exaggerates the problem.
This bug can also affect boomerang range/moving targets lock ability.
This issue is game specific but it could affect other games as well.
#4 Updated by DemonicOne almost 11 years ago
well there's no difference between with pointer and without
here are some screens, that present the difference between Direct3D9 and OpenGL I'm
OpenGL the spark is at the aiming cursor:
Direct3D9 the impact spark is not at the aiming cursor: