Emulator Issues #3583
Everything runs too goddamn fast after loading GCN IPL
What's the problem?
In many aspects the emulator seems to be running at two times normal speed. I first noticed this a while back, when I looked at the RTC in the GCN IPL. It is showing almost the correct time (it's a couple minutes slow), but it seems to be counting two seconds for every real second. At the time I didn't think much of it.
Then I tried playing Super Smash Bros. Melee (either selecting it from the menu or after the little cube rolls around), and it was the same story… The match timer ran at 2x speed, and so did the entire game. But the FPS and VPS counters both showed 60FPS and it says it's going only 100%.
I tried everything I could think of. Framelimit set to "auto", framelimit set to "60 (FPS and VPS)" and I even tried audio throttle in the DSP plugin. The only workaround I found was setting framelimit to 30.
Dolphin version with the problem (as it appears in the title bar, Ex.: "R
4779" or "R 6403M"):
(optional) Dolphin version that does not have the problem:
Well I got sick of testing but this has been happening since at least r6353 (probably much longer).
Operating system and version: Windows XP
32-bit or 64-bit: x86
Game ID (as it appears in game properties, Ex.: "GZ2P01" or "RSBE01"):
Any, but for SSBM it was GALE01
Was the ISO a plain dump from disc, compressed and/or scrubbed?
It's a raw ISO dumped from my disk.
Please provide any additional information below.
Dualcore, singlecore, idle skipping, none of it matters.
#2 Updated by MofoMan2000 over 9 years ago
Come to think of it, I think this has always been a problem since day one. I remember people noticed speedups when booting from IPL or any BIOS really (GCOS was specifically mentioned) back when speed was very hard to come by, in the 1.02 or 1.03 versions before the source was open. I'm surprised nobody has opened an issue about this yet. But I could be completely wrong.
#3 Updated by MofoMan2000 about 9 years ago
Here's the installer for Dolphin 1.03, for anyone willing to test out this issue on it, or for anyone just curious to see how far the project has come. The filename lies, it isn't the installer for 22.214.171.124, it's 1.03.