Emulator Issues #4335
Metroid Prime 2 (PAL) Intro Movie Graphics
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Start new game
2. Watch for video sequence following the Intro Text.
What is the expected output? Video should not be Interlaced. Background should be black with stars texture shown
What do you see instead? Major interlacing (consistent black horizontal lines top to borrom of screen) for intro movie. Also displays what I think is the texture for the skybox for once you get on the planet, as the interlaced background for intro movie.
Dolphin version with the problem? Other Dolphin version without the
problem? All Revs of Dolphin for as long as I can remember. I swear I made an issue for this a long time ago but just searched before this post and couldn't find it.
32-bit or 64-bit and any other build parameters? 32 and 64
OS version and versions of tools/libraries used? Win 7 x64 (previously tested on vista 32/64)
Please provide any additional information below.
If you enable Pixel Depth, it solves the problem of the wrong texture loading but everything is still interlaced and you also get the black skys in game among other glitches that we already know about with this option.
-Graphics: Stock Game properties
---Dual Core ON
---Idle Skip ON
---Frame limit 60 no FPS for Limiting
---Skip GC Bios
---CPU Jit (Testing with JITIL results in the same)
---Thread Lock Off
---DSP LLE Thread OFF
Quad Core Q6700 @ 2.66
Nvidia 8800GTS 512
all drivers are up to date
#2 Updated by SpiderTECH611 almost 10 years ago
I'll have to try that when I get home from work, but I do beleive I've messed around with the settings before. Also since this has been an issue I have always had but no one else seems to have submitted the issue, could this be caused by a bad rip? I had an issue with a bad rip of Metroid Other M.
#6 Updated by SpiderTECH611 almost 10 years ago
"I thought this issue is already known since a very long time and is "accepted"
- I thought so too but I searched and couldn't find it that's why i created this one.
also @ Nick are you using a PAL rip? I finally was able to rip my USA disc and the problem is gone. But it still affects the PAL rip I ripped from a friend of mine.
#8 Updated by SpiderTECH611 almost 10 years ago
I haven't tested any new revisions since I posted this issue so not sure if anything recently have fixed this issue. As Previously mentioned my PAL didnt work and Nick you have confirmed your PAL doesnt work, however my NTSC works just fine, this might be a PAL only issue. Seems to be a lot of PAL issues going on lately. Can anyone else confirm this.
#12 Updated by pierre over 8 years ago
- Status changed from Fixed to Accepted
- Category set to gfx
- Issue type set to Bug
The intro definitely still shows the interlacing problem. This is with OGL, Linux, PAL. Progressive setting doesn't matter, XFB doesn't either.
For clarification: the intro mentioned is displayed when starting a new game, after a textual briefing, just before the player gains control.
I just checked the video itself (openPartOne.thp), and it is fine. The game just fails to display it correctly, while it manages to do that with all(most of?) the others. Notable about this video is, that it is one of the few videos in 640x368(the other ones are: gameEnding_PlanetAether.thp, lastStandFlashback.thp), while the rest is 640x448(essentially all the menu animations). I don't know if the two other ingame videos have this issue.
#15 Updated by pierre about 7 years ago
Still occurs. I guess they switch the output buffer between two memory locations, each containing the lines of one field, and some "random" old data in the lines between. It is probably necessary to add some post processing combining the lines from the last field and the ones from the current one.
Five frame fifo log can be found here:
#16 Updated by mimimi over 5 years ago
This is still happening. Tested with d3d and opengl on 4.0-6575.
As far as i can tell, the aspect ratio is correct. I would upload a nice clean screenshot taken via usb gecko, but i could not get Gecko dNet to connect(tried converting an action replace master code, no luck, most likely a master code + hook issue).