Emulator Issues #4709
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Black Screen
1) Game Name and ID (as it appears in right click > properties: "GZ2P01",
"RSBE01", etc): Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn PAL - RFEP01
1) What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
In Part 4 Endgame, after Micaiah promotes, it should lead to unit preparation. Instead there is a black screen and sometimes the error message "DSI exception in stmw".
2) Did the game ever work correctly (i.e. not have this problem) on an
earlier version of dolphin?
(If so, please specify the latest revision that worked.)
3) What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Load game at Part 4 Endgame 1
2. Leave base and go through with the scenes
4) What version of dolphin are you using (32bit/64bit along with the
version as it appears in the title bar: "R 4779", "R 6403M", "3.0", etc)?
R7658 64 bit
#9 Updated by titouf2609 over 7 years ago
Funny, I've just gone through the whole game, and except for some little sound glitches with HLE I haven't encountered a single problem. Runs fine on my desktop (I7 950 @ 4.2 Ghz and Nvidia GTX 570) and on my laptop (I5 2410M & Nvidia GT 525M)
I had a save right at that moment so I've just tested it out with the latest revision (3.5-1063) works absolutely fine. U sure your iso isn't damaged or corrupt ?
What are your specs ?
#19 Updated by FE10PHY over 6 years ago
I don't know if this will help anyone figure out what is wrong but I discovered that if in base you use a gecko code to remove Micaiah's non-promotion skill and promote her to tier 3 before hitting "End" and watching the scenes followed by her scripted promotion, then you will be able to proceed without crash. The game will skip the promotion part if you actually watch the scenes and jump to Ike saying "We're Ready". Then you can proceed to pick units. This is the only circumvention I found. Hope this helps.
#28 Updated by skidau over 4 years ago
The PR did not fix it for me.
Attaching a Wii save file for the PAL version.
Steps to reproduce from the save file.
1. At the file menu, select Start Chapter
2. Select the top option, Part IV Endgame Rebirth (I)
3. Select End
4. Select Yes to Leave base
5. Hammer the 1 button on the wiimote to cancel the animation and dialog
6. At the screen where Ike says "We're ready.", press the 1 button and the game will hang/crash (http://i.imgur.com/8twRVcp.png)
#29 Updated by JMC4789 over 4 years ago
Set emulated CPU Clock to 15% or lower to work-around the hang. Anything that causes the scene to lag substantially should work. I'm also using single core.
Apparently this didn't work for skidau, even though I'm using his savefile. Someone else should try to confirm.