Emulator Issues #4922
TMNT: Fog is not rendered properly in all scenes leading to unplayable sections
1) Game Name and ID (as it appears in right click > properties: "GZ2P01",
2) What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Correct and consistant fog emulation. On some levels it's fine (rendered properly) but on other levels it makes the game unplayable.
3) Did the game ever work correctly (i.e. not have this problem) on an
earlier version of dolphin? Please specify the exact revision when the
Probably always been an issue.
4) What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Launch game with fog enabled
2. Observe title screen gfx (some buildings are solid green)
3. Also, attempt to play level 6
5) What version of dolphin are you using (32bit/64bit along with the
version as it appears in the title bar: "R 4779", "R 6403M", "3.0", etc)?
On what operating system, drivers, and hardware? Be sure to list OS,
graphics driver information, and video card model if you are having
graphics problems, for example.
Dolphin 3.0 159, Win 7 x64, GF460gt w/latest drivers.
#1 Updated by wespipes69 over 9 years ago
With Fog disabled:
#10 Updated by NeoBrainX over 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Work started
Most likely due to wrong magic numbers in fog calculation.
This game uses exp2-distributed fog intensity, so scaling the exponent by 8.f instead of e.g. 1.f is very noticeable. Using 1.f instead makes the fog look less extreme.
Guess I'll have to carry out some tests on real hw to find the optimal value.
#15 Updated by NeoBrainX over 7 years ago
Please provide a save file for the game and steps to reproduce the issue with minimal effort and without assuming I've ever seen the game in action. I'm running the game at 10 FPS and really don't want to play through the first few levels just to see I've done something incorrectly.
#16 Updated by wespipes69 over 7 years ago
Simply load up on save on this GC mem card, and select level 6.
#29 Updated by seapancake almost 5 years ago
- File GYRE41.dff GYRE41.dff added
- File GYRE41-1.png GYRE41-1.png added
- File GYRE41-4.png GYRE41-4.png added
- Tested in 4.0-9503
- First screenshot is from the first level, fog effects render correctly
- Loading level 6 from save entire screen is green, the building in the background of title screen has the same issue
- Occurs in 4.0.2 D3D/OGL and software, tweaked settings but made no difference
- FIFO log attached
#32 Updated by ZephyrSurfer about 3 years ago
That PR has been merged: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/4515f1d70df440df715e32863afec296b7f2e1d0/