Emulator Issues #5010
Input configuration will only use half of analog surface (e.g. X+ or X-)
4) What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Right-click on a button in the controls setup dialog.
2. In the box that pops up, you can only select Axis/Slider + or -.
3. There's no way to, for example, assign the ENTIRE slider to be the analog L button on the Gamecube controller. You can only use HALF the slider to control it (the - OR the +).
5) What version of dolphin are you using (32bit/64bit along with the
version as it appears in the title bar, etc)?
On what operating system, drivers, and hardware? Be sure to list OS,
graphics driver information, and video card model if you are having
graphics problems, for example.
v. 3.0-201 x64
6) Please provide any additional information below.
It really makes no sense that we can only use half a slider for an entire analog GCpad surface.
#1 Updated by Billiard26 over 8 years ago
A trigger which uses the full negative to positive range is not very typical.
You can map the full range to a single input in Dolphin by right-clicking one of buttons in the input config dialog and manually configuring it.
Set "Range" on top to 50
In the bottom text box enter (where Axis X is the axis): !Axis X-Axis X+
Click the "Set" button.
Yes, this is not very intuitive.