Emulator Issues #5331
Fullscreen mode doesn't work with latest wxWidgets 3 on Mac OS X / possible fix
[The following is a template to help you fill out a more informative
Many games do not run yet, or have known problems. Please do not report
those games without giving any more information. That means reports like
"Game XYZ crashes" are not helpful. Instead try to include as much debug
information as possible. Also try to search the issue tracker for similar
bugs before creating a new issue.
1) Game Name and ID (as it appears in right click > properties: "GZ2P01",
Every game affected in Fullscreen Mode on Mac OS X
2) What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
If switching to Fullscreen mode we get a blank / black page on Mac OS X.
3) Did the game ever work correctly (i.e. not have this problem) on an
earlier version of dolphin? Please specify the exact revision when the
All tested games worked before in Fullscreen mode at all resolutions.
4) What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Compile latest Dolphin 3.0 v578
2. Start Dolphin.app and switch to Fullscreen mode
3. You'll get a black / blank screen even when changing resolution or changing to render to Main window.
5) What version of dolphin are you using (32bit/64bit along with the
version as it appears in the title bar, etc)? Do not say 'latest version'
this changes multiple times a day.
On what operating system, drivers, and hardware? Be sure to list OS,
graphics driver information, and video card model if you are having
graphics problems, for example.
32/64 bit Dolphin on Mac OS X 10.7.3 (INTEL). Tested on 3 recent Macs (iMac 27, Macbook Air, Mac mini 2010)
6) Please provide any additional information below.
Here's a possible fix, at least this works for all my Macs:
Since wxWidgets has been updated to latest wxWidgets 3.0 r70933, Fullscreen Mode doesn't work anymore on Mac OS X.
Fullscreen mode works again by commenting out line 895 of Source/Core/DolphinWX/Src/FrameTools.cpp:
I think that wxWidgets 3 already makes a call to CGDisplayCapture() when entering FullScreen Mode...
"When an application captures a display, Quartz does not allow other applications and system services to use the display or change its configuration.
If hardware or software mirroring is in effect, the easiest way to capture the primary display and all mirrored displays is to use the function CGCaptureAllDisplays. In case of software mirroring, applications that draw directly to the display must make sure to draw the same content to all displays in the mirror set."
7) Attachments. IMPORTANT! We have a limited storage quota on
GoogleCode, so please use a 3rd party host for screenshots or any other
files (http://min.us/ for example).