Emulator Issues #6147closed
Fortune Street Memory Match Graphical Glitches
Game - Fortune Street, ST7E01
During the memory match minigame, I noticed a very big problem with the graphics. Rather than it showing up properly, there were huge blurred edges to the screen. I immediately changed EFB2Ram to EFB2Tex, figuring it may be the stupid DoF effect in this game. No dice, but what I did find was that disabling fog "fixed" it! This appears to be improper fog calculation in an effect used to dull/blur the background a bit.
This is very simple to reproduce, just land on the arcade square twice (first time is a different minigame) to trigger this minigame. The fog glitch happens on DX9, DX11, and OpenGL, but no on Software Renderer.
As a second issue, I noticed a weird block of "light" on the lower left-hand of the screen. This is out of the way and doesn't look horrible, but doesn't happen on the Wii. I only found it when getting a screenshot from the Wii.
This glitch goes from 3.5-1068 all the way back to 3.0 as well, and likely further. Both the block of light and fog issues. Somehow I missed it the first time I tested this game.
Screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/LrTRSpn.jpg
Updated by tommyhl2.SS over 9 years ago
- Category set to gfx
I was able to reproduce this with all backends.
With "disable fog" not checked: http://i.imgur.com/6SyTprV.jpg
With "disable fog" checked: http://i.imgur.com/hU1hCTh.jpg
Asus Laptop: K53TA
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-Bit - SP1
CPU: AMD Llano A6-3400M, Quad-Core, 2.4GHz (Overclocked)
GPU: AMD Radeon HD6650M, 1GB GDDR3 (Catalyst 13.1)
RAM: Samsung 4GB DDR3-1333
Updated by NeoBrainX over 9 years ago
- Status changed from Work started to Accepted
VideoSoftware support added in revision ae146e8bc7b4, I'm not sure if I can be motivated to port the fix to the hw renderers.
Should be easy enough, if someone else feels like doing it. Just needs to add the "K" coefficients as shader constants and use the correct algorithm in PixelShaderGen.cpp.
Updated by JosJuice almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from Accepted to Fixed
- Fixed in set to 5.0-6335