Emulator Issues #6553
Accessing any option of "With Friends" submenu in Super Smash Bros Brawl causes FPS drop and a lot of AlphaRead warnings
Super Smash Bros Brawl
What went wrong?
When you enter in "Brawl", "Friend roster", "Team Multi-Man Brawl" or "Home-Run Contest" submenus in Super Smash Bros Brawl, the game suddenly drop to 1-5 FPS and a lot of "Src\PixelEngine.cpp:193 W[PE]: (r16) ALPHAREAD" errors starts popping out in Log
What did you expect to happen instead?
The FPS shouldn't drop
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Boot Super Smash Bros Brawl and enter in "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection" menu
2. Answer "Yes" to the question and wait the game establish the connection. After that, you'll be in a submenu with the options "With Friends", "With Anyone" and "Options", Enter in "With friends" menu
3. A new menu (with "Brawl", "Friend roster", "Team Multi-Man Brawl" and "Home-Run Contest") will appear. Choosing any option of this menu will suddenly drop the game framerate to 1-5 FPS and a lot of AlphaRead errors will start popping out in the Log...
Dolphin 3.5 and Dolphin 3.5-367 are old versions of Dolphin that have
known issues and bugs. Have you tested with the latest version from
Which versions of Dolphin did you test on?
Which version of Dolphin used to work?
Didn't find any revision that have wii-network support and doesn't have this issue
What are your PC specifications (example: Operating System, CPU and GPU)?
HP Envy dv6t-7300 CTO Quad Edition
CPU: Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.4GHz
GPU: nVidia GeForce GT 635M @ 2 GB GDDR3
RAM: 8 GB @ DDR3-1600
64 or 32 bit Operating System?
Windows 8 (x64)
64 or 32 bit Dolphin?
Dolphin 3.5-2175 (x64)
Any other relevant information?
This bug occur in all video backends. With OpenGL the frame drop is less aggressive (5-10 FPS), but the same problem are here too
#1 Updated by delroth over 6 years ago
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Priority set to Normal
- Category set to gfx
- Milestone set to Next
- Operating system N/A added
Definitely not 4.0 imho, we won't have the time to fix this. Not even sure how fixable it is. Does it lag that much if you disable PE logs?