Emulator Issues #8429
SoulCalibur II - fade-in/fade-out effects missing
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong in few words.
The fade-in and fade-out effects in the game don't show up. In certain sequences, the game uses fade-to-black and fade-from-black effects when transitioning between scenes. Two examples I can think of:
- The title screen of the game. After the opening FMV sequence to the game is skipped or ends, the title screen pops out of nowhere.
- In an Arcade Mode run, after the victory sequence, the screen immediately jumps from the shot of the pose
What did you expect to happen instead?
- The title screen should fade in from black, rather than the jarring transition that it is now
- Similarly, in the arcade mode transition to the next fight, there should be a quick fade-to-black at the end of the victory sequence, followed by a quick fade-in to the next match's versus screen.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Start up the game and either skip the intro sequence or let it play out. The games transitions to the title screen from there, sans the fade-from-black effect
2. From the title screen, go to the main menu, select Original, then select Arcade. 3. Pick any character, then win the first fight. Let the victory sequence play out, or skip it - the game immediately jumps to the versus screen for the next match
Dolphin 3.5 and 3.5-367 are old versions of Dolphin that have
known issues and bugs, so don't report issues about them and test the
latest Dolphin version first.
Which versions of Dolphin did you test on?
Does using an older version of Dolphin solve your issue? If yes, which
versions of Dolphin used to work?
Nope. In fact, looking through videos of the game being played in Dolphin from the past 3 years seems to indicate this effect has always been missing from the emulation of SCII.
What are your PC specifications? (including, but not limited to: Operating
System, CPU and GPU)
Windows 7 x64
Intel Core i5-4670 (non-k) 3.4 GHz
nVidia GeForce GTX 780 w/ GeForce drivers 347.88
8 GB DDR3-1066
Is there any other relevant information? (e.g. logs, screenshots,
Going to link to a couple YouTube vids since those best show the issue. If requested, I can record my own playthrough in Dolphin.
On the original hardware:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7GhvJZfBC0 (using version 4.0-3274)