Project

General

Profile

Emulator Issues #8651

4.0-6512 causes file extensions to be case sensitive

Added by MofoMan2000 almost 5 years ago.

Status:
Fixed
Priority:
High
Assignee:
% Done:

0%

Operating system:
N/A
Issue type:
Bug
Milestone:
Current
Regression:
No
Relates to usability:
No
Relates to performance:
No
Easy:
No
Relates to maintainability:
No
Regression start:
Fixed in:

Description

Game Name?
Dolphin UI

Game ID?
N/A

What's the problem? Describe what went wrong in few words.
When I open Dolphin, the only game in the list is Donkey Kong Country Returns. I have several dozen ISOs, including both Wii and GameCube games. When I remove DKCR from my ISO directory, it then says there are no games at all.

What did you expect to happen instead?
I expect to see all the ISOs I have listed as before.

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Set ISO directory to the proper directory.
2. Open Dolphin
3. Look at ROM list

Dolphin 3.5 and 3.5-367 are old versions of Dolphin that have
known issues and bugs, so don't report issues about them and test the
latest Dolphin version first.
Which versions of Dolphin did you test on?
I have narrowed the issue down to first occurring between 4.0-6502 and 4.0-6512, with the merge of pull request 1556. It persists up to and including 4.0-6632. There are no builds between these revisions available on the dolphin-emu.org downloads page. It's very strange, though, because that PR has almost nothing to do with the UI.

As a (kind of crappy) workaround, games can still be run through File -> Open.

Does using an older version of Dolphin solve your issue? If yes, which
versions of Dolphin used to work?
Yes, it works as expected in 4.0-6502.

What are your PC specifications? (including, but not limited to: Operating
System, CPU and GPU)
Not sure how it's relevant, but:
Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.1GHz
NVidia GTX550Ti
Windows 7 Professional x64

Is there any other relevant information? (e.g. logs, screenshots,
configuration files)
Here is a screenshot of these two revisions of Dolphin running side-by-side. There is no change in configuration between the two, and they are both pointed to the same directory.
https://www.mediafire.com/?90quad14jpmpvrb

History

#1 Updated by JMC4789 almost 5 years ago

Do you build yourself? This is a compiler issue with regex... if you're having it, everyone should.

#2 Updated by JMC4789 almost 5 years ago

The linux variant of this bug was, at least.

#3 Updated by MofoMan2000 almost 5 years ago

Nope, like I said I was only able to narrow it down to between two revisions available on the dolphin-emu.org downloads page.

#4 Updated by JMC4789 almost 5 years ago

Can you screenshot the Options/Configuration/Paths window please?

#5 Updated by JMC4789 almost 5 years ago

Are you running Windows 7 without SP1?

#6 Updated by MofoMan2000 almost 5 years ago

Here is your screenshot: https://www.mediafire.com/?9ttqedlcjodl41p

And no, I am up-to-date in Windows Update, including SP1.

#7 Updated by JMC4789 almost 5 years ago

  • Milestone set to Current

marking as blocking until we can determine what is going on.

#8 Updated by JMC4789 almost 5 years ago

Could you try running as administrator. Just a curiosity thing, don't knwo if it'll fix anything.

#9 Updated by MofoMan2000 almost 5 years ago

No change running as admin.

#10 Updated by JMC4789 almost 5 years ago

Could you get a screenshot of the ISO folder so I can see if there's anything weird there?

#11 Updated by MofoMan2000 almost 5 years ago

Here is the output of the dir command when run in that directory, let me know if you need an actual screenshot.

https://www.mediafire.com/?0d3napmu1vt20qc

#12 Updated by JMC4789 almost 5 years ago

Can you turn on all the logging and output it to a file and see if it changes significantly between builds?

#13 Updated by lpfaint99 almost 5 years ago

the new directory search is apparently case sensitive. DKCR is the only file you have with a lower case extension

obviously this is a bug that needs to be fixed, but in the meantime you can change the extension to lower case to work around the issue

#14 Updated by MofoMan2000 almost 5 years ago

Ah, yep, that would do it.

Should probably change the issue title to reflect that. I was wondering why nobody else was experiencing this.

#15 Updated by JMC4789 almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Accepted
  • Priority set to High

#17 Updated by JosJuice almost 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Fixed

Also available in: Atom PDF