Emulator Issues #9188
Enabled Speaker Data Still causes Balance Board to Disconnect
Wii Fit Plus - RFPE01
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.
When doing the step-counter games (Free Step) that use the Wiimote audio for timings, the Balance Board has a high probability of disconnecting regardless of bluetooth stack. The only work-around for this is to disable Wiimote Speaker data, but then you can't hear the sounds to do the pattern.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
You have to start the game, have a balance board, go through all the stuff to get to the main game (body test and whatnot) and then you can finally select games. In one of the work-outs, there are step minigames (they're all unlocked at the start.) You can just select free-step, and it'll disconnect within 20 steps usually.
Which versions of Dolphin did you test on? Does using an older version of Dolphin solve your issue? If yes, which versions of Dolphin used to work?
No versions helped. Verified in 4.0-8400
What are your PC specifications? (CPU, GPU, Operating System, more)
Core i5 3570K, GTX 760, Windows 7
#2 Updated by leoetlino about 3 years ago
I tried to reproduce this, but I failed to. It works with:
- Linux, official -TR Wiimote (DolphinBar), Balance Board (DolphinBar)
- Linux, official -TR Wiimote (DolphinBar), Balance Board (bluez) -- note: audio doesn't work at all with bluez for some reason
- Linux, non -TR Wiimote (DolphinBar), Balance Board (DolphinBar)
- Linux, non -TR Wiimote (bluez), Balance Board (bluez)
- Linux, third-party -TR Wiimote (DolphinBar), Balance Board (DolphinBar)
- Linux, third-party -TR Wiimote (bluez), Balance Board (bluez)
(I can't test this on Windows, since I only have a VM, and the only renderer that works in it is Null… Let's say it's a bit complicated to navigate the menus with the Null video backend.)
I stopped and didn't test more combinations because the game was finished, and I reached 933 steps.