Emulator Issues #9665closed
Evdev: Extra spaces in controller names result in game not seeing the controller
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong.
If your controller has a string like "DragonRise Inc. Generic USB Joystick " (note the extra spaces on the end) then you can configure it, but not use it in a game.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Have a controller that reports a name with extra spaces at the end
- Configure that controller in controller settings
- Notice that the controller works in controller settings.
- Launch a game.
- Notice that the controller doesn't work inside the game.
Is there any other relevant information? (e.g. logs, screenshots,
This bug affects all backends, but only evdev allows enough customizability in the name that we have seen a bug report.
This is a regression from 4.0, because the old SDL backend didn't show the proper name.
Updated by JosJuice about 7 years ago
- Status changed from Accepted to Fixed
- Fixed in set to 5.0-170