Emulator Issues #8353
GameCube Service Disc-Hardware Status / Clock Speed
US GameCube Service Disc
What's the problem? Describe what went wrong in few words.
Initial results of Clock Speed test far lower than they should be. Rerunning the test seems to produce more appropriate results.
What did you expect to happen instead?
Similar results to be produced on the initial run as follow-up runs.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Select Individual Tests
2. Select Hardware Tests
3. Select Hardware Status
4. Select Clock Speed
5. Observe very low reported clock speeds
6. Press A
7. Press A
8. Select Clock Speed
9. Observe speeds more in line with expectations
Dolphin 3.5 and 3.5-367 are old versions of Dolphin that have
known issues and bugs, so don't report issues about them and test the
latest Dolphin version first.
Which versions of Dolphin did you test on?
Does using an older version of Dolphin solve your issue? If yes, which
versions of Dolphin used to work?
What are your PC specifications? (including, but not limited to: Operating
System, CPU and GPU)
Windows 7, Intel Core i7-960, nVidia GeForce 580
Is there any other relevant information? (e.g. logs, screenshots,
#4 Updated by kaosjr about 1 year ago
I've tried replicating this, and can't get the 'better' clock speed results to show up. Rerunning the test appears to simply give the exact same results as before, instead of giving better results. This was run with Dual Core off and on with exactly the same results.
I managed to also get a GFX FIFO Unknown Opcode error by running the Clock Speed test then trying to run another test that runs a dol, the example in the video attached was when running the Controller Test. I've attached a screenshot of that error as well.
I do have a USA GameCube bios as well if that makes a difference.
If there's anything else you'd like me to provide, ie. settings and system specs, let me know.